Monday, August 20, 2007

Chocolate! (calling all ladies!)

So, Joel and I head over to Visant Vihar (a section of New Delhi) for some shopping, errands and a little breakfast. Well. TGI Fridays was closed for an early lunch.


This unhappy dog (first kinda scary dog, in Joel opinion...) seemed to be even more upset then we were… (Look at that unhappy body language.)

So we went to a place called Choko La. The inside reminded me of a café that I went to with Wayne in New Jersey but that was where it ended.

The photo below is what I stared at over Joel’s shoulder during the time we were there.


The bench/couch seating you see was not common in the rest of the dining room. Just that area I believe.

The menu stated that it served “single source chocolate”. It provided some history of Chocolate and explained that it was served with respect to the Aztecs, my favorite ancient friends who “discovered” chocolate believing it was from the Gods. (DUH!)

So, we order a breakfast. Joel a Spanish Omelet and a cup of Tanzania Chocolate – 70% cocoa with various spices. I ordered a breakfast special with omelet style eggs, fruit, croissant and a cinnamon roll with a cup of another kind of chocolate – 73% coca and I don’t what else was in the chocolate. We expected this to be like a hot chocolate basically. OH MY GOODNESS!! No, this was a warm cup of melt the bar of chocolate. It was thick yet light. An INDESCRIBABLE texture of chocolate STUFF!! OH MAN IT WAS GOOD! Both drinks were fantastic and completely indescribable. It wasn’t like cooking with chocolate. As it cooled it didn’t congeal much at all. But it clearly didn’t have much if any cream or milk in it. It was amazing. Yes Ladies! This is a MUST do in India during PMS time BELIEVE YOU ME!

The food was good too, but the chocolate was what really stood out of course. We ordered a cup of coffee to split in to the mugs to attempt to finish our sweet drinks. These were not thimble sized cups. They were bigger than your average coffee/tea mug in the US. Our two breakfasts, tea, the two chocolate rivers of goodness, and coffee cost $20. I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!

In our walk we ran across this fine visual.


Citibank, It’s the cows! (Oh wait, that’s not right is it).

There was a guard who was trying to get the cow to move or something that I caught on video.

A little girl snuck in to my video and I’m sure was not impressed when I was, not annoyed, but far more focused on the cow then the cute little child. She followed me around for a short time but eventually gave up.

I LOVE COWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were full but not fully satisfied so we went back to a mall closer to us in efforts to find a particular material store. We ended up finding our way to TGI Fridays at the metropolitan mall. This is not note worthy, but I took a picture of my view out the window that is a special piece of India.


It is our Mr. Orange juice stand and the McDelivery/McDonalds delivery sign. CHECK OUT THAT PHONE NUMBER!!! the last 3 digits particularly. (telling, don't you think!)

Leaving this mall tends to mean meeting our driver on the other side of the street and taking our lives in our hands to get across the 4 lanes to the other mall where Rajpal, our driver can pick us up. Little kids begging were out heavy. One little kid… MAYBE 4-5 was EXTREMELY adamant about trying to get something out of Joel and I. We didn’t give in, but I was shocked at how long she stayed tapping our arms for our attention, right up to getting into the space that would be normally used for closing the car door that Joel was trying to not hurt the girl in just getting into the car back into traffic so the car didn't get hit.

No comments: