Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Genpact outing part 2 Sat October 6. Tiger Safari and more

Here we are...
Ready to go on Safari in our jeep. It is FREAKING early in the morning. They said the guys needed to sit in back since they could run faster then the ladies to save themselves? us? from the tigers... Well, I believe in my power to befriend the beasts, so I sacrificed myself and sat in back. It's 5AM... Getting in the jeep was a mental workout. Running from a tiger? Call me breakfast!



A bridge over some water at sunrise on the way to the jungle.

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE BABY! (John Corbett Reserve)



That brown thing by the tree below... that is an ant hill

This Brown thing is a BIGGER ant hill. I'm not sure how tall they REALLY wore, but many we saw we seemed to look straight out of the car to see the tops.... and we were in a tall jeep... so maybe 6 feet tall or more. Some of them were so cool looking. Just amazing the amount of work little ants have put in to these shapely condos.


Looking up...


Fellow safari ites.


HEY, these guys are cheating!! They got tired of the ROAD and decided to take the greater potential for spotting our tiger friends.



We saw COOL spider webs!



HEY! TIGER TRACKS!! We stopped at a place by a small river where some tracks were fresh.

We stopped at another river passed the tiger tracks. VERY PRETTY!
It was a perfect morning with the sun. Were were in the hills and the temperature was perfect there. Almost a little chilly. A NICE change.

Lori L.

Tom. He is from Colorado. He was all serious I guess. Normally he has a big smile.
Some of the crew. Marcie G on the left, but not sure of the names of others.
We held try-outs for the Standing Babas.
We said STANDING Babas!!!

"Uh, this heavenly beam is giving me a headache!!!" But Dave, if it is your time... GO TOWARDS THE LIGHT MAN!
Probably too many scenery pics.




Yes, I am in India... and YES, that is Fleece! Hey, considering all the jeep riding, that is pretty tame safari hair.
Joel taking a picture of me taking a picture of a cow.
My cow picture!
BUMMER!! all over! Back over the bridge over water.
NO tigers despite the naked tiger dance in the woods that the ladies in our group did. The guys PROMISSED it would help. Hmm???
When we were driving back to our cabin, this guy pulled out behind us!
We stopped and the owner was cool and let us take pictures while he had the elephant pose.
Dave B. in AWWE!
A more respectable picture of Dave...
"See Dave, if you need to put an elephant in his place. Let me show you some Karate moves!"
"yup... I knew it.... she's a freak."

From the porch we ate lunch.

Joel is quite the cricket photographer.
Many of the crew played. Joel did after I left the game. I wont tell you how he wiped out twice. Once flat on his stomach and the other a near splits slip on the grass. Go figure.. I miss all the fun AFTER I leave.
In the basement of the building where they held the loud dances, they had a super cool dance floor that lit up.
We got up early sunday AM. Someone decided to forgo the morning tea and 9AM breakfast and 10AM leaving time to a wake up call at 5:30 leaving at 6:30 with out REALLY letting us know. :) there was much scrambling in some cabins. Including ours.
It was a fun weekend. But it was nice to get home to a full nights sleep. :)

1 comment:

Kunal said...

Hi,this is Kostubh from Corbett City Ramnagar the nearest town to Corbett Tiger Reserve. I actually visited your blog and get connected with you after seeing pictures you posted.You stayed in MANU MAHARANI RESORT and the DJ Floor which is in a picture is Actually Mine.....I really glad to see it...ha,, ha,,.....,you wrote good....bt pics r much better. Anyways I m here in your blog to say that I m working in Corbett for more than 10 years and also working for travelers as a travel person, so any time if anybody going through this blog ask you or reading this comment and wanna know any type of information regarding safari reservation or FRH reservation or resort booking you can advise them to contact me and I m sure you will get the best service for corbett.I have a great network of people work for corbett like Nature Guide(most experienced),Drivers,Officials......so can do best for your visit.And plz keep it in mind its not for money matters only bt I love to share my experience with people so they can make there vacation more enjoying. You can mail me at thejungleguide@gmail.com or can call me directly at 09837092025 or at 05947253022. So msg for all: Corbett with 164 tiger is Asia's No.1 Tiger Reserve for Tiger. Do a visit and b a part of tiger conservation programme.
Regards: Kostubh.